Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Night Train

I'll be working on the full race report tomorrow, but for now I'll just say that: I'm not sure I've ever felt this rough after a race. I can't really bend my right knee very well (I need to ice it more), strained due to over exertion? maybe? I'm full and tired and ready for a serious night of sleepin' at the Crow's Nest.

Results: Ian and I came in 3rd in the duo class (2 "man" teams).. after a strong effort to beat Kylie and Alex, as we battled ALL DAY for 2nd place with them. It just didn't work, they are both strong and amazing and I was quite happy to be riding so close to them most of the day minus the pain of that closeness.. If only Alex had been prepared! and didn't get two flats we might have had a much different day.

Thanks to all of the Biowheels crew out there riding their asses off and helping me do so at the same time. Thanks to Chris Ivory who came and helped usher me into the after party and thanks espcially to Ian who took the extra lap and made the day not just fun and long, but EPIC in all respects as he sat in the woods, with a dead headlamp, out of water and energy waiting for help or death. I won't forget that I owe ya one.

Time to heal.

No comments: