Saturday, August 23, 2008

California with Friends













Marin Headlands


So I made it to San Fransisco, as well as the Pisgah Works Band from NC and beyond. SSWC - The Single Speed Worlds are here in Napa, California. The party began with a reuniting of the band with Bruce and Justin arriving from the desert, on their two month tour of the west. After no sleep and many hours on the road, they met Robb and I at Annandale State Park for a good ole fashioned group mtb ride. Up and over the sandy rocky trails down into Santa Rosa, to the SyCip Headquarters. By the time we make it into Santa Rosa my knee is blowin up and I am riding with one leg here and there. Beer and tacos and good times.. but the ride back is not going to be fun, for someone like me with all of my complaints re: my knee. (Which, btw, is going to keep me from my frist 100 mile race... bummer dude. well anyway.) Whiny Jut and I manage to find a ride back to the car while Bruce and Robb head back to find a few hematomas along the way:







Here in this last picture is YaYa! who smashed his eye somewhere in the desert of Nevada.
In the middle of the desert is a bike shrine. I don't know if there is much I can say about this, mostly because I haven't been there. All I know is that I wish I had made it there, and I will hopefully make it there one day.


Thanks to Aunt Pam for hooking us all up. We are getting ready to head up to Napa to start the real Worlds party.

1 comment:

MELI. said...

wow theswe are crazy cool pictures! glad you enjoyed Marin, I love strolling around there often. Nice blog ill be stoping by often

xo-from the CA /
meli